For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, the data controller is Pürblack Europe, a company in England and Wales and having its registered office at Loyalty Boarding Kennels, Lord’s Bridge, Kings Lynn PE34 3BW.
When and why we collect your personal information
When you interact with Pürblack Europe, whether it may be through the website, social media or any other form of communication. We collect the personal information to help when working on ensuring we provide you with the best service.
We collect information in a number of ways which are listed below:
- When you register or use skinlibrary.co.uk (the “Website”)
- When you contact Pürblack Europe by email
- When you enter any event, prize draws or competitions run by Pürblack Europe
- When completing any surveys that we send you for research purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete them)
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes
- When you buy products from skinlibrary.co.uk (the “Website”)
- If we need to reply to your enquiries and requests for information;
- When we receive and process orders submitted by you
- If we need to carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us
- When we use your information to verify your identity
- When you interact with us on social media
- In order for us to anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to you
- In order for us to carry out market research and tracking of sales data
- In order for us to send you newsletters, updates or other information about our products and services by email
- When you publish comments, at our discretion, on purblackeurope.com (the “Website”)
Why we require your personal information when you order a product
You will need to make an account with Pürblack Europe, before being able to order and purchase any products listed on the Site. At this time, we will ask you to provide some personal information.
Below are examples of information we collect about you when you interact with us:
- Name and Surname
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Contact phone number(s)
- Purchase information
- Interactions with us e.g. contacting our Customer Service
- Payment details
- Delivery address(s)
- Billing address
- Skin tone and type
- IP address
- Information from cookies
Why we log your IP address
We automatically log your IP address when you visit out Site. This unique address identifies your computer on the internet and with the IP address we are able to collect demographic information for aggregate use. Another great use of the IP address is to prevent fraudulent activity when you make a purchase, your IP is logged for safety measures and is required by the payment gateway.
Why we collect non-personal information
We may also collect non-personal information about you, for example: the type of internet browsers you use and sites you use that link to our Site. We use this information to make sure we are providing you with the most effective service on our Site. Occasionally, we may pass the information to the owners or operators of the linked third-party sites. You can not be identified through this information.
How we collect personal information from social media
We may have access to your personal information on social media if you give us permission to access this information through your social accounts, including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Ensuring that your personal information is only used where lawful
We make sure we comply by the data protection laws when we use your personal information. In order to prove that our use of your information is legal, our reasons must adhere to at least one of the specific lawful reasons set out under the data protection law. Lawful reasons can include, for compliance with legal obligation or being necessary for the purchase of goods and services.
If your personal information is anonymous, we no longer require a legal basis to use it and the information does not constitute to personal information under the data protection law.
- To send you marketing updates via email about latest news, events and offers at Pürblack Europe
- To store your payment cards
- Use your personal information to advertise to you on social media
- To tailor emails and online adverts to things you love – we track things that are relevant to your location and what you’ve shown interest in
- To process your orders
- To complete and deliver products you have ordered. We may share your personal information with our delivery partners.
- To respond to customer service enquiries raised online, on social media and via email
- To process payments - Pürblack Europe does not store any payment card numbers once the transaction has been completed. We share your personal information with credit card companies and other payment providers.
- To contact you with important information relating to your booking or purchase, such as confirming your order, letting you know about returns and refunds. We share your information with our communication partners for this purpose.
- To inform you of special offers and promotions
- To contact you to undertake customer satisfaction surveys, product reviews and assist with market research
- To measure the effectiveness of our content and notify you about any enhancements to the website
- To detect and reduce fraud and any credit risks
Who we share your data with:
We work with third parties to deliver the best service to you. In such cases we may share personal data with these third parties in these circumstances:
Delivery and Logistics Partners
We pass on limited information to our trusted delivery and logistics partners in order to get your goods delivered to you successfully.
We work with IT companies to support our website and business systems.
Pürblack Europe works with marketing companies to manage our electronic communications with you or carry out surveys, analytics and product reviews on our behalf. This is to monitor the quality of our services and for market research purposes.
Payment Processing Companies
Pürblack Europe works with trusted third party processing providers in order to take and manage payments.
How can you unsubscribe from marketing communications
We would be sad to say goodbye, but if at any point you do not wish to hear from us there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe.
You can click onto the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication.
Alternatively, you can contact our customer services by emailing or by using our contact form below.
Age restrictions with regards to our Site
In order to purchase products from our Site, customers need to be sixteen years of age (16). Customers must create an account and provide Personal Data, before orders can be placed. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of sixteen (16). If you are under the age of sixteen (16), please do not provide any Personal Data through the Site or Services.
How long we retain your personal information
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than it was necessarily needed for the purpose of which it was collected. The only exception may be if there is a legal reason why the data needs to be retained.
When your personal data is no longer required, we take all the responsible steps when erasing and destroying data for our systems. We keep your personal data for the duration of your account being held with Pürblack Europe and for 6 years after our contract is terminated.
How we maintain confidentiality and security of your personal information
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. We do not sell your personal information for any purpose.
How to access your personal information and your other rights
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
Your right of access
We will confirm whether we are using your personal information, if you ask us. Also we will provide you with a copy of the personal information. If you need additional copies, we may need to charge a small fee.
Your right to correct information
If we hold inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you, you are entitled to have it corrected. We will alert third parties of any changes regarding your personal information, if we share your information with them. If possible and lawful, we will also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with, if you ask us, so you are able to contact them about changes directly too.
Your right to delete information
In circumstances where your personal information is no longer needed or where you withdraw your consent (where applicable), you can ask us to delete your personal information. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll alert them to erase your information as soon as possible. If possible and lawful, we will also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with, if you ask us, so you are able to contact them directly to delete your information too.
Your right to restrict information
You have the right to ask us to restrict or prevent the development of processing your personal information in certain circumstances such as the information being inaccurate. However, this action will not stop us from storing your personal information. We will let you know before we lift any restrictions granted. We will alert third parties of the restrictions regarding your personal information, if we share your information with them. If possible and lawful, we will also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with, if you ask us, so you are able to contact them about the restrictions directly too.
Your right to data portability
You have the right to obtain personal information you provided us with, in certain circumstances, (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and are able to reuse it elsewhere or ask us to transfer this information to a third party of your choice.
Your right to object
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information. We will do so if we rely on our own or someone else’s legitimate interest to process your personal information or if we are processing your personal information for direct marketing. The only exception is if we can demonstrate that we have compelling legal grounds for processing your information.
Your right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, if we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information.
The best way to contact us regarding any queries about our privacy practices, is by email: email@example.com.
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we store about you (for which we may charge a small fee for postage or obtain free via email) and can ask for that information to be corrected or erased where appropriate.
If you have any complaints regarding our handling of your personal data, we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns in the first instance. However, if you wish, you may make a complaint directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk or 0303 123 1113).